Even though I am not a fan of large cities and the traffic and congestion that they bring, there are some things I love about a large city. Fort Lauderdale is one of those cities that I have a love-hate relationship with.
On the love side: ~great restaurants and bars within walking distance of the marina at Bahia Mar
~a wonderful eclectic area for window shopping / eating – Las Olas Blvd – accessible by either taxi or water taxi
~the Red Door Spa at the Galleria Mall (I treat myself to a massage / manicure / pedicure every time I come to Ft. Lauderdale)
~quick turn around on needed marine items – canvas shops, marine mattress shops, anything marine related
~An abundance of marine related stores – supplies, engines, canvas, sail lofts, SAT phones, etc.
~great grocery stores with large selection (Publix, Whole Foods, Fresh Market)
This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
On the hate side:
CHECK OUT WHAT'S NEW ON BETSI'S WORLD
- Easy Holiday Entertaining Ideas
- BEST THINGS TO DO IN WILMINGTON, NC ON VACATION
- WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT CHRISTMAS ISLAND
- Adventures on the Gorge and Fun Things To Do at New River Gorge National Park & Preserve
- the historic savannah weekend travel guide: discover the history and heritage of this southern city