Planning for upcoming holiday travel is an absolute necessity in these times of rising prices, increasing security fears, crowded terminals and even more crowded skies. Some tips on how to make the experience more successful and less stressful can help smooth the way. These tips for planning the perfect romantic getaway are a must!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
10 Tips for Planning the Perfect Holiday Romantic Getaway
We're going to go through my top 10 tips for planning the best romantic getaway during the holidays! You can use all or one of these tips, in any case you'll be on your way to the perfect romantic holiday getaway for you and loved one.
1. Make your plans as early as possible. If you plan to fly, you will be able to choose the best airline seats and most flexible schedules. It will also allow more time to prepare your clothing, buy presents and plan other needs for the holiday trip.
Stick to a Budget
2. Establish a budget for your trip. Even a romantic getaway can be awesome with a budget in mind. Consider all anticipated expenses, bring your credit cards and checkbook up to date. As far in advance, buy necessary tickets for flights, rental cars and other transportation services you may need during your holiday trip.
3. Make reservations for anticipated motel and hotel stays during your holiday travel. Not only does this give you peace of mind it also saves you money! Planing ahead means you get the best accommodations without having to scramble around at the last second. During the holidays prices shoot up so your romantic getaway can get expensive quickly if you aren't careful.
Prepare Your Vehicle
4. If you will be traveling by car to your holiday destination, be sure it has all of the required repairs and other necessary work done. If you will be driving long distances with small children and pets, take several days before you leave to acclimate them to what they will experience on the road.
Pack With The Best Luggage
5. Use rolling carry-ons for all of your holiday traveling. They are much easier to carry than suitcases, and if you fly, you will not have the inconvenience of paying to check them. Pack only what you need, and if you will be traveling more than just a few days, take small toilet items and do your personal laundry each night. You can pack for two weeks in a carryon!
Be Safe When Traveling
6. Personal security is vital during holiday journey time. Be sure you and all those traveling with you, especially small children, know the rules of personal safety.
Here are some of my favorite travel items:
Send Gifts Early
7. If you are taking holiday presents to give to people when you arrive at the host family, it is best to send the gifts early so they will get to their destinations in plenty of time.
Prepare For Delays On Your Romantic Getaway
8. In spite of all your careful research and preparation, be prepared for delays caused by the inevitable holiday rush, weather, security and other unanticipated happenings. Work out alternative plans, including possible cancellation of holiday traveling and celebrating at home.
Pack Comfort Items
9. Despite all of your careful holiday plans, you know Murphy's Law is sure to kick in somewhere along your travels. They could include delayed flights, tied-up highways and a score of other glitches. For those times you'd rather do something other than wait, take along comfort items on your trip. They could include a laptop computer, cell phone, small radio/cd player, packaged snacks, books or eBooks and other items to help you pass the expected and unexpected hours.
10. Keep a positive outlook throughout the planning of your holiday travels and while on the road or in the air. Remember holidays are about enjoying yourself, and even after waiting two hours in the terminal after midnight for you delayed flight, don't let it bother you.
Looking for some romantic getaway ideas?
Here are some romantic getaway posts that you might be interested in! They can help you plan your perfect holiday getaway.
- Alabama Romantic Getaway for Two
- Romantic Getaway in Miami, Florida
- 10 Reasons to Choose Sandals For a Romantic Caribbean Getaway
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Romantic Southern Beach Getaways for Two
- St. Augustine: Romantic Getaway to the St. Francis Inn & The 1894 House
- Romance is Found in Virginia